Procurement Services' mission is to facilitate acquisition and payment of services and supplies to optimize process and item costs for F&S business units and university departments.
Procurement Services includes:
- Accounts Payable
- Processes and submits invoices from external vendors for payment.
- Contacts vendors to obtain outstanding invoice credits owed to F&S and to resolve pricing and other invoice issues.
- Oversees PCard, a Bank issued MasterCard, used for non-restricted purchases less than $5,000 when a Standing Purchase Order (SPO) does not exist.
- Matches the transactions receipts from the cardholder to the transaction report from the bank.
- Facilitates resolutions of discrepancies by informing the cardholder of the discrepancies and asking for help to resolve.
- Property Accounting
- Oversees the documenting of equipment not permanently attached to university buildings or grounds as fixed equipment or land improvement, is not consumable, has a life expectancy greater than one year, and costs $500 or more.
- Processes and submits purchase request to external vendors submitted using the electronic Online Purchase Request Website or F&S Purchase Request Form.
- Processes purchase order changes for order add-ons, substitutions, and deletions.
- Co-establishes and manages annual Standing Purchase Order (SPO) limits for material, equipment, or services purchased on a regular basis from external vendors.
- Assists in the development of specifications for Request for Proposal (RFP) and competitively bided purchases.
- Facilitates problem resolutions with vendors.
Please contact Purchasing Manager for questions regarding purchasing materials or services.
Please contact Accounts Payable Manager for questions regarding PCard, property accounting, or vender invoices.