Bicycle Planning & Feedback
The Campus Bike Plan is the master plan for bicycle improvements on campus and covers the 5 Es of bicycles:
- Engineering includes infrastructure such as bike lanes, bike paths, parking, and storage for bikes.
- Education includes safety courses and messages shared across the campus to promote safe cycling habits and the rights and responsibilities of cyclists.
- Encouragement includes programs that encourage new ridership, such as events, bike sharing, or incentives for cyclists.
- Enforcement covers how local law enforcement works to make sure everyone knows and follows the rules of the road, as well as non-riding issues such as bicycle registration and parking.
- Evaluation and planning doesn’t stop with the development of the Campus Bike Plan. Instead, the plan outlines the various metrics by which success can be measured as the plan is implemented, as well as a methodology to determine changing needs and priorities, such as bicycle traffic counts, crash report tracking, and surveys.
To provide feedback on any of these bicycle-related topics, or suggestions for additional improvements, use the online bicycle feedback form: http://go.illinois.edu/bikefeedback
. All feedback will be considered as future bicycle planning and evaluation takes place on campus.
We are excited to announce the establishment of the 338548 Campus Bicycle Plan Implementation and Mission Fund. Donor gifts are truly transformative, and we are grateful for your support. Remember, it all adds up!
To donate in support of the Campus Bicycle Plan, go to give.illinois.edu and reference the 338548 Campus Bicycle Plan Implementation and Mission Fund.