A functional iCard can be used as the "key" to access all authorized spaces with electronic access control.
- Changes to access privileges are made via software.
- No re-keying is necessary if you lose your iCard.
- Records are automatically maintained on who has accessed which doors and when.
- Doors can be locked/unlocked remotely, on a predetermined schedule or on demand.
- Alarms can be generated if doors are propped open or if an unauthorized person tries to enter.
- Authority to manage access can be distributed, so units can manage their own doors through a web interface, without losing the benefits of a shared central database.
- Programming can enable functions such as “first swipe unlocks door on schedule” or “double-swipe by authorized people unlocks door,” depending on unit needs.