In a critical situation, which requires immediate action, or for any problem regarding an elevator or gas odor. Call the Service Office at 217-333-0340
Who is responsible for this service?
Related maintenance activities for state-supported buildings
Service requests in departmental or unit spaces are typically the responsibility of the requesting department
The Division of Responsibility (DoR) guidelines, and if necessary, the specific DoR for the facility, will determine the financial responsibility for the operation and maintenance of university buildings and assets.
Which provider will perform this work?
Water Station Operators
Coordinate repair of water main breaks
Gather required documentation to submit a request.
- Building name/number
- Room numbers and a description of the general area
- Type of repair, replacement, or upgrade desired
- If a leak exists, identify the cause if possible
Submit Request in the my.FS Portal
What to expect next
An initial email indicating the assigned shop(s) and an anticipated start date:
- An initial email indicating the assigned shop(s) and an anticipated start date
- A follow-up email, call, or in-person visit upon arrival
- A confirmation email when the work is underway and when time is being charged
- An email, call, or in-person visit when the work is completed
- A final communication when the service request is closed, including a feedback link