In a critical situation, which requires immediate action, or for any problem regarding an elevator or gas odor. Call the Service Office at 217-333-0340

Maintenance + Construction

Water Mains

F&S responds to water main breaks and makes urgent repairs

Contact Information

Who is responsible for this service?

F&S Responsibility

Related maintenance activities for state-supported buildings

Department Responsibility

Service requests in departmental or unit spaces are typically the responsibility of the requesting department

The Division of Responsibility (DoR) guidelines, and if necessary, the specific DoR for the facility, will determine the financial responsibility for the operation and maintenance of university buildings and assets.


Which provider will perform this work?

Water Station Operators

Coordinate repair of water main breaks


Gather required documentation to submit a request.

  • Building name/number
  • Room numbers and a description of the general area
  • Type of repair, replacement, or upgrade desired
  • If a leak exists, identify the cause if possible

Submit Request in the my.FS Portal

Log in to the my.FS Portal to make a service request. Requests for new user account access can be made by completing the Request of User Account form.


What to expect next

An initial email indicating the assigned shop(s) and an anticipated start date:

  • An initial email indicating the assigned shop(s) and an anticipated start date
  • A follow-up email, call, or in-person visit upon arrival
  • A confirmation email when the work is underway and when time is being charged
  • An email, call, or in-person visit when the work is completed
  • A final communication when the service request is closed, including a feedback link