University Facilities Standards
These University Facilities Standards shall be applied for all remodeling and new construction on the Urbana campus.
These standards are intended to achieve the value consistent with an institute of higher education. Where these standards exceed minimum Code and/or Capital Development Board (CDB) requirements, the standards shall apply. Where the Facilities Standards and CDB Requirements are silent on a design issue, the International Building Code shall serve as the design standard.
Corrections, additions and/or other suggested improvements may be sent to facilitiesstandards@Illinois.edu, editor of the Facilities Standards, for appropriate action.
Required Phases and Minimum List of Deliverables (RPMLD)
The Required Phases and Minimum List of Deliverables, or RPMLD, replaces Facility Standard “Exhibit 00 01 00‐01, AE Minimum List of Deliverables”.
The RPMLD makes some key improvements such as:
- Communicates a project’s applicable phases
- Communicates the Professional Services Consultant deliverables distribution list
- Incorporates Feasibility Studies, Short Reports, and stand‐alone Conceptualizations
- Delineates the deliverables versus their components
- Organizes and establishes the list of PSC deliverables across all phases of the project.
During project setup, Capital Programs originates the project specific RPMLD. The planner or project manager will share the project specific RPMLD with the respective design team(s). At each submittal, the consultant will use the RPMLD in conjunction with Project Submittal Requirements. The Engineering Services group will reference the submitted project specific RPMLD during all reviews.